I've figured out what I'm packing. I need to put it in a suitcase. I need to weigh that suitcase. If it's too heavy, I have a problem.
In other news, I need to get out of Indiana and on to traveling. I've been without friends (minus the two days down at IU - thanks for having me you guys!) for a week and a half and I'm ready to be with friends again. Yesterday I stopped by my high school, but a lot of things have changed and teachers have moved around and come and gone, but I got to see Mrs. Robb and went out for coffee with Mr. Gulde, which got me excited again about going and reminded me of my interest in Eastern European Jewish culture, history, and tourism. We'll see how much I actually learn in Krakow, but it was refreshing and it's always a pick-me-up chatting with Mr. Gulde. I was then a bum and sat around doing nothing for hours, but I have amazing friends who are keeping me afloat talking online while I'm still stuck in limbo. I am so thankful for all my friends, and I will miss you all while I am gone.
Today I met a man who survived the Holocaust with the Bielski brothers (who the film Defiance is about), and he had some amazing stories and also taught me some survival Polish. We'll see how far that gets me! Getting a functioning international phone has been a hastle. Not much else is news worthy. I'm spending my last two nights with family, and my younger siblings couldn't be growing up faster. Anyhow, I should probably go see if things fit in my suitcase. Bye for now!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment