Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Art class = hiking?!!!

I've had two days of class so far. My Polish art class seems like it'll be good. We meet Mondays in class and Tuesdays we go around Krakow to see, feel, touch, experience, taste and "lick" (as my professor said) the artwork because it's better to actually see it than to just look at pictures of it on a computer screen. My Jew class is ok...seems like a lot of it is going to be review, but the professor also wants to take us around Krakow/Kazimierz to see what he's talking about. So that's cool. Tomorrow I'm sitting in on a Polish history course and then a Polish lit class, and need to figure out when beginning Polish will be...and I still haven't heard back from the Yiddish professor, but hopefully I can work something out with her. So far I have no homework, which is a bizarre and foreign concept to me. Anyhow, I am super duper tired so I'm gonna take a nap perhaps. In art class we walked around a town across the Wisla River where the Jewish ghetto was, and then hiked up a huge hill to a burial mound. Twas cool and super foggy. Hope you are all doing well. Comment if you want. I'll put up pics from last week soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment